Wednesday 28 March 2012

THIS IS MY STORY
(In memory of Fanny Crosby-The hymn writer)

Life hit me so hard
With pain, my physical eyes marred
Yet I had to make a choice
To bless Him with my voice.

Clearly, clearly I find
That though I may be blind
He still had plans for me
That a Poet I should be.

A Poet of the Lord
Lovingly to share His Word
So I'll tell the world of Him
Who saved me from sin.

He filled my soul with light
Gave me hope of the mansions bright
So I'll let His praises chime
With rhythms and rhymes.

Singing the praises of Jesus
Praying, "Keep me near the cross"
In His holy presence I stay
To hear what He has to say.

Precious words of life and peace
Through poetry are released
So I share the words I hear
To give men comfort and cheer.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
Oh, what foretaste of glory divine
THIS IS MY STORY and my song
Praising my Savior all day long.

Praising my Savior with all I have
Who for me all He gave
And now what joy, for pain is past
Seeing His glorious face at last!

 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42 vs 16(NIV)

© 2012 Benjamin Anabaraonye








1 comment:

BENJYPOETRY said...

This is the story of a woman of humble origins,blind almost from birth,who achieved fame as a poet,educator,and musician before becoming known throughout the English speaking world as a hymn writer.